David Cash

Dave cmp

David, or Dave as he is more commonly known, started his career at a smaller firm in Casper, Wyoming. Being at a small firm gave him the opportunity to immediately start working directly with clients and gave him real world experience in tax and audit work. Dave has been with CMP since 2005. His initial tasks involved assisting the audit department on overflow work and working in our tax department. After a short time in the Logan office, Dave transferred down to our relatively new Salt Lake City.

Dave has been instrumental in growing our 401(k) practice from around 100 plans, mostly small plans that CMP was the tax firm for, to over 500 plans, which are mostly independent of any other CMP provided services. The 401(k) department at CMP now includes nine people including two partners and has grown into a nationally recognized leader.

Dave spends about 80% of his time on 401(k) plans with the other 20% helping to manage the Salt Lake office. His knowledge of both 401(k) rules and the tax code have benefited CMP clients in helping clients understand certain tax ramifications of certain actions taken in a 401(k) plan as well as helping tax clients understand how, when, and what type of retirement plan is best for them. Dave travels all over the country to obtain the best continuing education that is available to help business owners and 401(k) plan participants.

When not at work, Dave’s favorite pastime is spending time with his family. Dave is married to his favorite person, Robyn and together they have two children, Justin and Samantha. As a family, they love watching football and basketball doing home improvement projects, and traveling.


  • Bachelor of Science in Accounting – Southern Utah University
  • Master of Accountancy – Southern Utah University


  • Certified Public Accountant – Utah
  • American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries – Associated Professional Member


  • Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants (UACPA)
  • Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA)
David has been with CMP since 2005. Dave enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 kids and working around the house to unwind. After high school, Dave majored in accounting and has enjoyed doing it for well over 15 years now. Dave knows there are multiple benefits to using a CPA firm instead of an off-the-shelf tax program. You have a real person looking at your information and deciding what is best for you. CMP is very good at staying up to date on all the current laws and regulations. Every year the IRS is changing, and it’s good to know you can count on people that can help you navigate those changes. CMP believes in working as a team and works towards a common goal to help people. Give them a call to see why they are different and what they can do to help you.

Trusted By