CMP (CMP) is committed to helping small and local businesses, including farms and ranches, succeed. We know how important agriculture is to Utah and are proud to offer services to help you grow and maintain your ranch or farm.Our team understands the unique challenges of farm and ranch accounting. We stay up-to-date on the government’s latest agricultural subsidies, know how to handle your many assets (including your land, animal, and crop!), and can provide financial advice to keep your farm or ranch going strong.
Many of our most valued clients are Utah farmers and ranchers. We’ve helped them save on taxes and earn a profit over the last 40 years. Some of our current clients include dairy farmers, crop farmers, feedlots, and cattle ranches.
I recently had Cody Webb help me with the conversion to Quickbooks online. It has made a huge difference in reducing amount of time I spend on simple accounting issues and away from growing my business and getting work done for my clients. It is the same with other financial areas of my practice, when I take the time to consult with the staff at CMP, I always come away with great ideas and a new energy.
Attorney, Trevin Workman Law
Accounting for Farms and Ranches
Whether you farm the field next door to your house or thousands of acres, we understand the agricultural industry to help you and your farm or ranch be successful. Some of the services we offer farmers and ranchers include:
- Tax planning and preparation – We can help ensure your financial records are ready for tax season!
- Bookkeeping – Let us handle the bookkeeping so you can focus on your land, animals, or crop.
- Audit, review, and compliance services – Our team can audit, review, and ensure your financial records are compliant with all tax and accounting regulations, including general and agricultural-specific regulations.
- Outsourced CFO services – We can provide financial guidance and resources to help you grow your farm or ranch.
- Monthly accounting, payroll, and profitability analysis – Our team can manage your accounting and payroll to ensure your staff and bills are always paid. We can also run profitability analyses to give you more insight into how your farm or ranch is performing.
We also have relationships with a number of agricultural lenders that can help you obtain special financing if you need.